1.24.2005

Snow...finally.



How is it that make it deep into January with no snow and then we just get dumped on in one weekend? Weather confuses me. A lot.

That's not to say the weather disrupted my weekend though. I am a firm believer that since I grew up in the midwest that I have to at least try and drive when the weather is bad. Sure, if I don't need to go out, I don't, but I don't let snow scare me off the roads. (Sorry Mom!)

With that said, we went to our friends to play Killer Bunnies once again. I didn't win, but when the game takes about 2.5 hours, it really doesn't matter who wins in the end. It's all about the journey. Now that we play with 6 decks instead of 2 it has become much more a marathon than a sprint.

When the game was over was when the real interesting fun began. Let's just say there is a street in Mankato that becomes a icy slide right into a forest (or apartments) if you aren't careful. We didn't get hurt and we didn't even hit anything, but the potential was certainly there.

I also traded in some games and picked up Mercenaries this weekend. That is about the greatest game ever made. I won't get into the details of the game, but whenever you can do a laser guided missle strike on a North Korean military base it's a good time. Always.

This week is shaping up to be pretty interesting. Lots of wallpaper removal at the house, potential for some sledding with my small group later in the week and of course broomball on Saturdays now (after one game I am officially hooked). That's about all for now though.

1 comment:

MarkFarley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.