9.28.2006

Netflix Review: Anger Management

I actually meant to do this a while ago, but I figured I would start reviewing my Netflix selections for all of the world to appreciate. I'm far from an expert movie critic, but at least you have an average guy's analysis.

So Anger Management. When I first saw the trailer for this movie several years ago I figured it was nothing more than another vehicle for Sandle-esque shenanigans. For this reason I wasn't really motivated to see it in the theater. Now that I have seen the movie I am glad I went with my gut instinct.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sandler movies. I own a few and can quote most of them. However, when you have Sandler opposite Jack Nicholson, you sort of have expectations. For...how do you say...a good movie?

The plot for this movie is pretty weak. It was pretty obvious where this was going from the start and no real surprises along the way. The only saving grace is the expected one-liners from Sandler and a surprisingly funny Nicholson. It was also interesting seeing Nicholson in a therapy group reminiscent of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I gave the movie 4 out of 5 stars, but I don't think I'd want to see it again for at least a year.

No comments: