12.15.2005

My throat feels like...gravel.

Ever since yesterday afternoon I have had a vicious sore throat. I am hopeful that it is not strep throat, but I'm not sure. I should probably go get tested, but I don't have that much ambition.

Last night I finally got to see Narnia. The junior and senior high youth both had their end of year parties at Timberlodge Steakhouse (which was good food, but the wait was horrible) and then we packed the theater for the movie.

I have to say that this movie was the best translation of a book to live action that I have ever seen. They really didn't alter anything. I'm sure there was some artistic license taken in regards to how things look aesthetically, but that is to be expected. Nothing really looked out of place though. The only part about the movie that I did not like was that some of the computer generated sequences were very obviously computer generated. I know this technology has come a long way, but it's by no means perfect yet.

This weekend should be a good time. My best friend who lives up in St. Paul is finally going to buy Battlefield so we can play that online against each other so that will be fun. Also I plan on tearing out our shower and fixing that up as well. Hopefully this sickness doesn't take me out of commission anytime soon.

No comments: