12.22.2005

Not a Big Fan of the Big City


Okay, so maybe it didn't look like this exactly, but this will give you an idea of the ridiculous traffic I got stuck in coming back from St. Paul yesterday. I'm still glad I went on the trip, but if Jamie would have called with me stuck there I would have gone crazy.

Last night I finally got the shower to a working state. It still has a slow leak from one of the pipes, but I'm going to wait until my dad comes to Mankato to work on that one. I've never done any pipe work before and I don't want to jeopardize the shower prior to a new baby arrival as well as quite a few guests for the Christmas holidays.

Last night I watched a special I taped that was on 48-Hours. It was about the validity of the Christmas story. To be honest, it made some very good points. The inconsistencies of the two gospel accounts that talk about the Christmas story are very distinct and they did their best to try and figure out the issues. It really makes me question just what occurred, but at the same time it doesn't really change my faith. As it was mentioned in the show, even if Christ was not a virgin birth, he can still be the savior of the universe. It kind of messes with some theology (being born of God and from a union devoid of human sin) but at the end of the day I'm not going to let an hour special on CBS determine my faith.

Today I have quite a bit of work to do at work, but once I get home it shouldn't be that bad. I think I might finally take it easy for a night and play some videogames. I've really been to focused on getting that bathroom to a working condition to relax much lately. I figure I need to take it easy these next few days because once the baby arrives my life will never be so simple again.

No comments: