8.07.2006

Bees!! Save Yourself! Your Weapons Are Useless Against Them!!!!

Well, this happened a few days ago, but with the current hectic pace of my life timelyness is far from a priority. Sorry!

My wife has been committed lately to going for a daily walk in the woods. Some of the paths here at camp are marked better than others, but she said there are a lot of parts of camp that she had never even seen before.

Well, this is all good, but the other day we had quite a scare. With Leah in her backpack, she had started her walk. After a short walk, Leah started whimpering, and then crying.

Jamie had realized something was wrong and had one of our friends help get Leah down. It was pretty clear that Leah had been stung by a bee at least once if not twice.

Now a bee sting is typically not a big deal, but when it is your kids first time, it is pretty scary. You really don't know how your kid will react. Will they be allergic? How allergic? Is it fatal?

I'm sure all these thoughts ran through Jamie's mind, but thankfully Leah was fine. Well, maybe not fine. She cried plenty but after a little while and a lot of comforting she was fine. Definitely a scary adventure though.

1 comment:

muzik said...

I can recall the last time I was stung. I was standing by the trailer I grew up in Michigan. I vowed to myself that it would be the last time I was ever stung. I was about 8-10 years old.