9.03.2006

No really, I'm going to blog now...maybe.

I'm not sure I could be any more sporatic of a blogger right now. I really want to be more consistent, but my work load is so inconsistent that it is hard to get in a groove. I keep thinking, "well next month should be better..." and then it isn't. Oh well. At least I'm still posting sometimes, right?

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, so bear with me if this is kind of "rambly." The more time I spend out here in the woods, the more I am realizing that I am changing as a person. It is nothing of huge magnitude, but there are small things.

First, I know that I am becoming more laid back than I have been in the past. It's n0t that my job is a cake walk, it is actually probably more stressful than my previous job. But the difference is my environment. Being surrounded by nature is so different than being in the city. The fact that I bike to the office past deer and turkeys daily. It's crazy. It's as if God is literally walking/biking right there with me.

Second, I am learning how to cultivate my faith without being able to really go to church. This is not to say I'm denying the need for corporate worship. There is nothing I crave more than worship right now. Unfortunately Sundays are a rather busy day here which is kind of eliminating worship from the schedule for the time being. I am hoping to change that next year as I value worship, but we'll see. For now I am listening to a lot of sermon podcasts and doing daily Bible reading on my personalized Google start page.

Finally, I am realizing how culture and the media really impact their audience. Since we now watch all of our TV on a DVR (skipping most commercials), we have no decent radio stations, and I am removed from year-round youth ministry, I am realizing that I am literally unplugged from most popular culture. Kind of scary for a guy like me.

Thankfully I still have podcasts to help me stay connected. Between the Relevant podcast, several videogame podcasts, and of course every single ESPN podcast.

Speaking of the Relevant podcast, last week they had a great cover of Hey Ya by Outkast. This version is by Obadiah Parker. Since I really wanted the song, but I couldn't seem to find it anywhere, I used some fancy Mac software to chop the song out of the podcast. Not really a big deal, but I did it so we can all appreciate the song. My gift to you for not posting regularly I guess. Wait...I just found a link so I don't have to host it. Enjoy!

Hey Ya - Obadiah Parker

6 comments:

Joshua Johnson said...

The Hey Ya link doesn't seem to be working.

uncle tim said...

you're such a tease....a day goes by and no new post...just like you promised to come visit me to spoon, but did you ever do that?! Huh?!

muzik said...

McBride never posts... so don't feel bad.

uncle tim said...

fancy that! another day, no new post....it's like you're slipping away into a terrible place of no blogging. Kind of like Leau...one day he's all at the house, the next day he's like married and living somewhere crazy!

uncle tim said...

I cried myself to sleep last night knowing you wouldn't post today.

uncle tim said...

*sniffle....*sniffle