11.01.2007

My Bird Feeder Eats Birds

We had a nice day outside on Tuesday raking leaves and chasing Leah around the yard. Leah really enjoyed jumping in the leaf pile which was cute, but not very productive. Thankfully, cute wins out every time.

While we were raking, we heard a loud pecking sound. I assumed it was a misguided woodpecker, but I was surprised to see what was actually making the noise. I'm not really sure how this happened, but a bird ended up inside our bird feeder. I think it was trying to get the last few seeds in the feeder and eventually ended up in the plexiglass prison. Pretty funny. We released the bird with no problem and promptly refilled the feeder to prevent it from happening again.

This afternoon I went over the handle bars on my bike. Thankfully I was able to roll over to my shoulder to avoid landing on my head. I still have several cuts and road-rash all over my body. I'm sure I'll be even more sore tomorrow.

As for the beard, it is coming along nicely...


1 comment:

buderfli said...

seriously...you should blog more often. I always enjoy reading your stuff Nick. Ha! Have a great holiday season, I am sure it will be difficult. Talk to you soon
T