10.25.2007

Beard-A-Thon 2008

It's that time of year again. As anyone who lives in an area with more trees than people, I am in the midst of my late season beard growth. Last year I made it to Thanksgiving before I decided to trim down to a sweet mustache (for five minutes). I'm hoping this year I can make it to Christmas, but I'm not making any promises. I'm clearly not a beard kind of guy with my lack of firearm skills and overall unwillingness to cutdown trees with an axe accompanied by Babe the Blue Ox.

I also apologize for my appearance being so similar to head coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick, but some days you just need to look like an unkempt homeless person to feel comfortable.
I'll try to give a bi-weekly update on the beard progress. This is why the internet exists.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when does it start...all I see is your typical 5:00 shadow....

Sad thing is, I have sported a beard (all be it a short, short one) for 2 weeks now, and you probably lapped me twice in a matter of days....just wait until puberty hits, then I'll catch up!

Nick said...

Do not question the master of the beard. Once the short stuff is in, it's like a ball rolling down a hill.

I'll be filling in for ZZ Top any day now.

uncle tim said...

you got to give it at least 1.5 months. that's when it stops feeling like sandpaper on your sking all day...then it softens up and you don't even notice. Although I notice I have to shave more often with a beard lest it grows down my neck and connects with chest hair....mmm...used car salesman.