11.19.2004

Tonight I become a Navy Seal for at least a few hours



Yesterday was interesting. Work was beyond crazy. I did a bunch of experiments and one of them gave such promising results that it has taken priority over almost everything else I do. I enjoy the challenge and the blatent direction, but it doesn't do much for my already overloaded schedule.

My rather pathetic best friend ended up playing SOCOM 2 for about 3.5 hours last night. He was "waiting" for me to join him, but in the midst of me actually having a social life I didn't get home until 11 PM. He was just quitting then. I told him I will play tonight, but I never know what my life will be more that 2 hours into the future.

I had a disturbing event happen to me yesterday as well. As I was coming home for lunch, I was traveling down one of the busiest streets in Mankato when blam-o out of nowhere a deer comes out and gets hit by the minivan in front of me. I watched the deer helicopter into the other lane (thankfully no cars were coming) and then the minivan pulled off to the side of the road. I looked back and saw the front of the van was totally bashed in but the driver was fine. I continued driving and figured everything was fine when I saw a 6-point buck running towards my car. Luckily I saw it coming and slowed down and honked my horn, turning him back into the residential area he came from.

I couldn't help but think that if I had left work about five seconds sooner, I would have had a deer in my lap. My car is considerably lower to the ground than the minivan was and I'm pretty sure it would have been the end of my car. Sure would have been a headache to deal with.

No comments: