11.17.2004

Wild Turkey Hunt

Tonight should be interesting. We are having a "Wild Turkey Hunt" with the senior high youth I work with. Bear with me as I try to explain this ridiculous idea.

Okay, so we have a turkey locked in a cage. A real turkey. With claws. And a beak. We split the kids into groups (the small groups we meet in weekly) and we go around town trying to find clues, like a scavenger hunt. Each clue we find gives us a number. This number is then eliminated from the numbers on the padlock. At the end of the night we should have 3 numbers for the combination and be able to free the turkey.

That all sounds fine and good, but what happens when the turkey gets loose? Do I get to chase it? Is it going to claw my eyes out? I have concerns...

I am really looking forward to it though. I am excited whenever I get to hang out with my guys. They are all great. I am really lucky. They all respect me and it's been great just watching them grow over this past year. It will be sad when they all finally go off to college, but at least I have a full four years with these guys. Hopefully I can have an impact on them in that time.

But back to the turkey. Last night I made a video in iMovie for it which is pretty hilarious. Let's just say it has some classic music on it. The whole movie is about 4 minutes long, but I think the kids will like it. I hope so, I spent about 2 hours on the thing...

No comments: