4.20.2006

On The Edge

This photo pretty much sums up how I feel today. I am suddenly getting all these emails from people I work with who are wishing me luck at my new job at camp. As much as I appreciate the well-wishing, it is scaring the crap out of me.

As much as I trust God and know that He has a great plan for us at Pine Lake, I am still pretty nervous about the big life change. I honestly feel like I am on the edge of a cliff, looking down at a beautiful scene that is waiting for me to make the big jump. I know I will land on my feet and be safe, but it is still a long ways down.

Today we have our first showing of our house and hopefully it will sell quickly. At 4:30 PM CST I will be praying pretty hard for a good first impression. We have been working really hard with the help of some friends and family to get this house ready in time and this could be the pay off. I can't even imagine how much stress will be relieved if the house were to sell quickly. It would honestly be a huge blessing from God.

I am also working on the new website for the camp. I have done pretty extensive research looking at what other camps offer on their websites and what I really feel is helpful and/or important. I have a lot of work ahead of me just on this one project let alone the million other things that are probably lurking in the office when I finally get to camp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you have butterflies in your stomache. It shows that you care. :-) You'll do great, man.